Friends of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Please accept our invitation to join the Friends of Civil and Environmental Engineering (FOCE2) at Arizona State University in our mission to support educational programs of the Civil, environmental and sustainable engineering (CESE) program.
Your membership donation and participation in FOCE2 will enable the civil engineering program to retain and motivate talented young students to achieve success and further our profession.
FOCE2 support helps students start and continue with their dream by offsetting expenses and providing career development experiences.
FOCE2 supports a variety of activities that encourage our engineers, including:
- FE Exam Fee reimbursement program
- Travel to professional meetings
- Mixers to help students make industry connections
- Student organizations’ projects, competitions and outreach in the community
- Commencement luncheon honoring new graduates
Not only will you be supporting students and the programs that ensure their success, you will have the opportunity to meet our promising your engineers early in their career and interact with fellow FOCE2 members. As a FOCE2 member you will:
- Receive a discounted registration at the annual career fair
- Receive an Invitation to the annual Student/Faculty/Industry mixer and other events
- Be invited to congratulate our new graduates at the end-of-semester graduation luncheon
- Receive advance notifications to attend seminars held by faculty and guest lecturers
- Have the opportunity to join the FOCE2 Steering Committee and/or Subcommittees to collaborate with Faculty and Industry members for developing ways to enhance the educational experience and curriculum, promote internships and employment opportunities, and explore ways to develop partnerships among the students, faculty, alumni and industry practitioners.
Support the Next Generation
Your sponsorship provides support to prepare the next generation of leaders in civil engineering. Come join us and contribute your experience and passion to address relevant issues in civil engineering, improve the public understanding of the contributions of our profession, and to assist industry and academia working together to improve our built environment. If you have any questions or would like to accept this invitation to become a Friend of Civil Engineering, please contact us at:
Assistant to the director
School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Arizona State University
PO Box 873005, Tempe, AZ 85287-3005
Phone: (480) 965-1713 Fax: (480) 965-0557
Steering Committee Members
- Ron Hilgart, HilgartWilson (Chairman)
- Bob Stanley, Gannett Fleming
- Bruce Larson, Westland Resources
- Chris Kmetty, Markham Contracting
- Dallas Hammit, ADOT
- Dan Meyer, Black & Veatch
- Edd Gibson, ASU
- Frederick Tack, GHD
- Jim Geiser, Prelude Engineering
- Judy Reedy, ASU
- Keith Hjelmstad, ASU
- Kent Dibble, Dibble Engineering
- Matthew Eicher, ASU
- Mike Sever, ASU
- Ram Pendyala, ASU
- Ron Serio, City of Glendale
- Tom Schmitt, T & S Diversified, Inc.
- Black & Veatch Corporation
- Bowman Consulting
- Carollo Engineers
- CivTech, Inc.
- Coe & Van Loo Consultants, Inc.
- Dibble Engineering Entellus, Inc.
- Entellus, Inc
- Gannett Fleming
- HilgartWilson, LLC
- Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
- Markham Contracting
- Prelude Engineering Consultant Service
- T & S Diversified
- Wood, Patel & Associates
- Speedie & Associates
- Slater Hanifan Group
- Arizona Department of Transportation
- City of Glendale
Ram Pendyala, Chair
Internship & Employment:
Dan Meyer, Chair
Membership & Resources:
Bruce Larson, Chair
Frederick Tack, Chair