Hydrosystems Engineering focuses on technical areas of hydrology, hydraulics, water resources engineering and environmental fluid dynamics which are interdisciplinary fields that synthesize knowledge from a wide range of subjects.
Our faculty work collaboratively to advance the science, engineering and policy dimensions of the coupled processes in the natural and built environments. The following interdisciplinary groups form the Hydrosystems Engineering program.
- Urban environment and land-atmosphere interactions (Wang group)
- Hydrology, climate and atmospheric sciences (Mascaro group)
- Urban agriculture and environmental modeling (Muenich group)
- Hydrologic sensing, modeling and process physics (Vivoni group)
- Water systems analysis and policy research (Garcia group)