Hydrosystems Engineering focuses on technical areas of hydrology, hydraulics, water resources engineering and environmental fluid dynamics which are interdisciplinary fields that synthesize knowledge from a wide range of subjects.
Our faculty work collaboratively to advance the science, engineering and policy dimensions of the coupled processes in the natural and built environments. The following interdisciplinary groups form the Hydrosystems Engineering program.
Hydrosystems Engineering faculty
- Urban environment and land-atmosphere interactions (Zhihua Wang group)
- Hydrology, climate and atmospheric sciences (Giuseppe Mascaro group)
- Urban agriculture and environmental modeling (Rebecca Muenich group)
- Hydrologic sensing, modeling and process physics (Enrique Vivoni group – specialty area coordinator)
- Groundwater sustainability and data sciences (Tianfang Xu group)
- Water systems analysis and policy research (Margaret Garcia group)
- Hydrology and water resources management (Ruijie Zeng group)
- All hydrosystems faculty