Construction engineering undergraduate program objectives and student outcomes
Program Educational Objectives:
are to prepare its graduates such that three to five years after graduating they have demonstrated in their professional practice that they can:
- Lead collaboration with professionals across the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (AEC) community to improve the project delivery process.
- Ethically engage in professional practice
- Demonstrate lifelong learning skills through certifications, professional development, and registration as appropriate for their employers.
- Address sustainably the needs of society through the built environment.
- Successfully balance technical aspects of engineering and practical applications of construction.
- Value diversity and be inclusive within the work environment.
Construction Engineering graduates are expected to achieve the following student outcomes at graduation:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Student enrollment and graduation data are available at engineering.asu.edu/enrollment.