Friends of Civil Engineering
Please accept our invitation to join the Friends of Civil Engineering (FOCE) at Arizona State University in our mission to support educational programs of the Civil, Environmental and Sustainable Engineering (CESE) program.
Your membership donation and participation in the FOCE organization will enable the civil engineering program to retain and motivate talented young students to achieve success and further our profession.
FOCE support helps students start and continue with their dream by offsetting expenses and providing career development experiences.
FOCE supports a variety of activities that encourage our engineers, including:
- FE Exam Fee reimbursement program
- Travel to professional meetings
- Mixers to help students make industry connections
- Student organizations’ projects, competitions and outreach in the community
- Commencement luncheon honoring new graduates
Not only will you be supporting students and the programs that ensure their success, you will have the opportunity to meet our promising your engineers early in their career and interact with fellow FOCE members. As a FOCE member you will:
- Receive a discounted registration at the annual career fair
- Receive an Invitation to the annual Student/Faculty/Industry mixer and other events
- Be invited to congratulate our new graduates at the end-of-semester graduation luncheon
- Receive advance notifications to attend seminars held by faculty and guest lecturers
- Have the opportunity to join the FOCE Steering Committee and/or Subcommittees to collaborate with Faculty and Industry members for developing ways to enhance the educational experience and curriculum, promote internships and employment opportunities, and explore ways to develop partnerships among the students, faculty, alumni and industry practitioners.
Your sponsorship provides support to prepare the next generation of leaders in civil engineering. Come join us and contribute your experience and passion to address relevant issues in civil engineering, improve the public understanding of the contributions of our profession, and to assist industry and academia working together to improve our built environment. If you have any questions or would like to accept this invitation to become a Friend of Civil Engineering, please contact us at:
Assistant to Dr. G. Edward Gibson, Jr., Director
School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Arizona State University
PO Box 873005, Tempe, AZ 85287-3005
Phone: (480) 965-1713 Fax: (480) 965-0557
Steering Committee Members
Bob Stanley, Gannett Fleming
Bruce Larson, Westland Resources
Chris Kmetty, Markham Contracting
Dallas Hammit, ADOT
Dan Meyer, Black & Veatch
Doug Plasencia, Michael Baker
Edd Gibson, ASU
Edward Kavazanjian, ASU
Jim Geiser, Prelude Engineering
Judy Reedy, ASU
Keith Hjelmstad, ASU
Kent Dibble, Dibble Engineering
Ron Hilgart, HilgartWilson (Chairman)
Ron Serio, City of Phoenix
Tom Schmitt, T & S Diversified, Inc.
2015 Member List
Black & Veatch Corporation
Coe & Van Loo Consultants, Inc.
Dibble Engineering Entellus, Inc.
EPS Group, Inc.
FNF Construction, Inc.
Gannett Fleming HilgartWilson, LLC
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
Prelude Engineering Consultant Service
T & S Diversified
Wood, Patel & Associates
Arizona Department of Transportation
City of Phoenix
Ed Kavazanjian, chair
Internship & Employment Committee:
Dan Meyer, chair
Membership & Resources Committee:
Kent Dibble, chair
Doug Plasencia, chair